Kindergarten Registration is March 5th from 9:00-3:00. You must have an appointment. To set your appointment you must have the registration packet filled out and turned into the office. Obtain a packet in the office or print from the district website in the parents tab under DISTRICT REGISTRATION from the left hand navigation.
Tuition Kindergarten reservations are now being accepted. Please explore the program using the link on this page. Deposits accepted now until May 2, 2014 to reserve your space.
March 3-7- Read Week
· Monday—We will have an in-class reading event and a book signing by Shaelyn after school.
· Tuesday—Read-In at 3:15 bring a pillow, blanket or stuffed animal.
· Wednesday: Cool Character dress up day. Dress as your favorite book character.
· Thursday: Reading Makes My Future Bright Day—Wear your sunglasses to school day.
· Friday: Crazy Whoville Hair Day—Celebrate the end of READ WEEK by showing your craziest Whoville hair.
March 4- Willow Creek Way assembly at 9:30, PTA meeting at 6:30
March 5- Report cards go home
March 11- School Levy voting
March 14- Stampede Night
March 19- Birthday celebration
March 21- Subway Orders due
March 24-28th- Spring Break—No School
Our Mission Statement:
A student-centered community focused on 21st century skills and lifelong learning.
What are 21st century skills?
· Ways of thinking. Creativity, critical thinking, problem-solving, decision-making and learning
· Ways of working. Communication and collaboration
· Tools for working. Information and communications technology (ICT) and information literacy
· Skills for living in the world. Citizenship, life and career, and personal and social responsibility
· Collaborative problem-solving. Working together to solve a common challenge, which involves the contribution and exchange of ideas, knowledge or resources to achieve the goal.
· ICT literacy — learning in digital networks. Learning through digital means, such as social networking, ICT literacy, technological awareness and simulation. Each of these elements enables individuals to function in social networks and contribute to the development of social and intellectual capital.