June 2- End of Year assembly at 9:30; Field Day in the afternoon
June 3- Kindergarten Promotion 10:00 and 3:00
June 4- Last day of school/Full day; Yearbook Signing 10:00
August 6- Office opens
August 13- New to school registration
August 14- Roaring Springs Day
August 22- Meet and Greet 3:30-4:30
August 22- Class lists post today
August 25- First Day of School- Full Day
Our Mission Statement:
A student-centered community focused on 21st century skills and lifelong learning.
What are 21st century skills?
· Ways of thinking. Creativity, critical thinking, problem-solving, decision-making and learning
· Ways of working. Communication and collaboration
· Tools for working. Information and communications technology (ICT) and information literacy
· Skills for living in the world. Citizenship, life and career, and personal and social responsibility
· Collaborative problem-solving. Working together to solve a common challenge, which involves the contribution and exchange of ideas, knowledge or resources to achieve the goal.
· ICT literacy — learning in digital networks. Learning through digital means, such as social networking, ICT literacy, technological awareness and simulation. Each of these elements enables individuals to function in social networks and contribute to the development of social and intellectual capital.